Fortune Lake

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

Upper Michigan lake photographed in the July sunrise. It was unusual to get the mist on the lake mid summer. Usually it is more of a fall occurrence. If i am able during the summer im always eyeing up conditions for interest and mist is one of my favorite things to catch. I felt like the sun highlighted the mist perfectly without being too overwhelming to the rest of the shot.

Specific Feedback

Any and all. Im always more interested in overall composition than i am in technical aspects. I did crop this down from where it was initially.

Technical Details

DJI mini 3 drone shot. Editing in lightroom. f2.8 1/320 ISO100. I did some masking and especially cut back on the highlights in the upper right corner where the sun was coming in.

Fantastic to be able to get an aerial perspective on this! The tree reflections are so interesting, on the calm water, and I wondered about making them more prominent. I had to try a crop and rotation – FWIW.

Thanks Diane. I rarely find myself wanting to expand my photos, they always seem to benefit most from some cropping. I actually cropped this down from the original as well. Took out some of the mist on the right side.