Fresh Snow

ISO-100, 100mm. f/7.1, 1/30 sec

Fresh coat of snow that was quickly melting off the trees provided good photo opportunities in Toronto Canada today.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

I like the concept, Larry. The color combination work very nicely, but overall the image looks a little mushy. I can’t tell if it is still snowing or not. I think the snow is probably on the twig branches. I think a faster shutter speed might have worked better. Definately worth working out another opportunity.

Larry, I love the way beech leaves can hold to the tree on during winter, and this image tells a nice story about holding on against winter. I also like the clean crisp whites of your processing, this is a great WB for this subject. My only suggestion would be to make a slight crop from the top to eliminate the lone beech leaf along the top edge.

Larry,

This image here is well seen and beautifully photographed. The leaves (and their color) really help separate them from the natural chaos of the winter forest scene.

The only suggestion I have would be a crop from the top; that’s really a personal preference as I like the more standard 4x5 or maybe 5x7 ratio. But this also works as presented.

Lon