Funks Grove, dead and fallen trees

What technical feedback would you like if any?

Conversion from Color to B&W, overall sharpness

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn) I have self assigned a photo story on the dead and fallen trees at Funks Grove, IL. I have chosen to convert to B&W, as at this time of the year the scenes are nearly monotone.
I believe Black & White fits these subjects well.

Canon R, RF 24-105mm F-4L IS USM @ 25mm
1/320 @ F-9 ISO 400 Hand held

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

John.
The B&W conversion looks great IMO as this has a nice range of tones and I like the graphics with the diagonal placement of the fallen trees. If this were mine I would crop out the tree in the LLC as it blocks the eye a little from entering the scene. I hope you don’t mind, but here is a repost with that thought in mind. Good luck with your self assignment and this is a good start.

I will second @Ed_Lowe’s comments.

I also agree with Ed’s suggested crop, it really helps clean the image up nicely. Otherwise, I quite like your comp and the strong contrast of this image.

Thank you for your comments and suggestions. I like what you have done.

@Ed_Lowe’s crop strengthens the diagonals, and I like it. Sounds like an interesting project!

Another vote for Ed’s crop, it really tightens everything up nicely here. I like this, getting down low and wide really paid off for you here, it creates such an in-your-face composition.

The B&W conversion does look great, the higher level of contrast here is very effective.

Thank you for your comments. I am going to try Ed’s suggestion and will re-post soon. Thanks again to all who have commented.

Stay safe!