Re-post of Dead Tree at Funks Grove

Cropped following comments from members.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

Has this improved the composition?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Overall impression.

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

John,

I didn’t get a chance to comment on your previous rendition, but I wanted to comment that this is a significant improvement. The fallen trees are pretty much central to the composition and story of the image. I would have commented on the previous post about the cut off trunk on the lower left as being a distraction or whatever. With this one, while I still don’t care for the “hand of man” sawed off end, it’s much less of a distraction here.

The length of the downed and weathered logs lead the eye in to the frame allowing the viewer to explore the bg forest; the composition works very well.

The only suggestion I have here would be to selectively tone down the smaller diagonal branch in the LL; perhaps bringing the brightness down to a more neutral gray rather than the white that is a mild eye magnet.

Not sure if this is a crop of the original or a different frame, but I like this one and it works much better.

Lon