Garden Flowers

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

I shot these cool looking flowers in a yard that was next-door to some pals of ours. I liked the sidelit look with dark BG here.

Specific Feedback

Cropping?

Technical Details

Z9, Nikon 200-500 lens, 1/3200th, f 8.0, monopod, 500mm, ISO 750, cropped to 2714 x 1983, Photo AI

1 Like

The bent Digitalis bloom spike adds a lot of interest here, Dave, while the lighting lets the main subject stand out well. I do think that pulling in the lower left corner, to reduce the amount of oof blooms at the bottom and left, would emphasize the subject further.

Dave, this is a lovely example of what light and depth of field can do to showcase the subject. The sharpness of the point of interest is spot on. I agree with @Mark_Seaver that cropping at the left and slightly at the bottom would focus the eye. I would still leave most of that curved branch. I would also crop just a bit off the top, being sure to leave space above the tip of the stalk. A bright point in the picture is the green. Darkening it would keep the eye on the blossoms. Thanks, Dave, for sharing this beautiful flower with us.