Garden Tulip (edit in comments)

Tulip shot on tripod, d800, 105f2.8 at 5.0, ISO 100, 1/500 sec.

I shot another OOF of the same area and spent a bit of time combining in PS, also a slight bit of Topaz Impressions.

Any comments fair game.

2 Likes

Lovely image Kathy. If you have enough canvas to offset the bloom, I wonder what it would look like.

Hi Patrick
Thank you for looking at it. That is a good idea. The original had quite a bit of canvas on the left side. The edited one had a little bit, but I think it improves it. It is attached here.

1 Like

A lovely image of this tulip and a very neat stage in it’s development, Kathy. I agree that the repost works a tiny bit better. I’m seeing a very narrow bright edge on the lower left side and upper right side that you might want to remove.

Kathy: Beautiful bloom superbly captured and rendered. I do like your repost but the original works great too. >=))>

I’ll go with #2, by a slight margin. A nice soft portrait and lovely colors. I would cure those little bright slivers left and right, or possibly cover them with a one or two pixel white margin.

Hi Phil

Thanks for the critique. I don’t understand what a sliver of 1 to 2 pixels white margin is??? My gaps in PS showing I suspect. If you can explain please do.

Thanks!

In the Develop module of PS, from the command line:

Hi Phil

I tried your method and could not get it to work. I am still in a big learning curve in PS. So I went to LR and used a brush. The result is attached.
Thanks for the help
Kathy

Kathy another dreamy image that I love. I wished to tell you a very tiny thing about the back petal that seemed to me a bit too white in comparison with the less bright white color of the other petals, just because it attracted my eyes in a less important part of the image. In the successive repost I can’t see this clearly. Beautiful.