Gargoyle

Sony A77II
Minolta 200mm macro
ISO 400, 1/30 @ f22
I don’t shoot orchids very often. They are about the only flowers that Chrissy struggles with but every once in a while I’ll pick some up at the store and decorate the house with them. I shot this one in our living room next to a window. I had a lot of fun with this bunch and hope to post some more comps soon. All comments welcome. >=))>

Wonderful composition and detail, showing off a gorgeous flower. I wonder about a little more reduction of the brightest tones and a significant lightening of the shadows with second light.

Bill, A beautiful flower well composed and captured. I am wondering if it would look better if cropped to the left and a little at the bottom to remove the dark background .

Bill, you’ve captured the details of the inner parts very well here. Your comp. works well also.

Nicely done at F-22 for depth of field. I like the angle from which you took the image. Yes, you probably could’ve done a better job with respect to image quality if you had done an image stack but I respect that this is something with which you don’t have a lot of experience. It still works. Colors are very good.