More Aspirations

Sony A77II
Minolta 200mm macro
ISO 400, 1/20 @ f16
Another dahlia bud backed up by the rear of a mature bloom. All comments welcome.>=))>

Excellent depth of field and detail in the subject, Bill. I have a preference for your first post because the color is coming out in this bloom and you’re starting to get competition between the subject and the background. I don’t know if you could do it without starting to get empty space, but moving the background bloom back just a bit more might alleviate that.

I love this too Bill but the previous is my favorite for the contrasting colors.

The composition of this image, at least for me, is more pleasing. For some reason the colors are not as vibrant, or maybe they just don’t enhance the dof as much as the first image. I like Dennis’ suggestion, or in post processing you could isolate the bloom, hit inverse and lighten the background only. Just a thought.

Bill, I think Patricia has hit on it. By selecting the bg for treatment, I believe you could brighten the mid tones, desaturate slightly and up the luminescence, all using a simple levels adjustment.

Bill I like this one the best as it offers a more complementary use of color and shape to the main subject. !!!