Gerês from Cabril

Hello and hope you all hanging safe.

This image was already on the showcase category
but i think it fits the Weekly Challenge so here it is (and it there’s a way to make older posts enter the Weekly Challenge please do enlighten me how, and sorry).

It was a cold day but one of those days that even the “bad” (or good) weather doesnt take your joy of being outdoors.

Cheers everyone

What technical feedback would you like if any?

Any would be great. But would you change the temperature?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Again any, for you guys is the mood appealing?

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

Single shot on tripod, 1/8s, f/11, ISO50 @ 75mm

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
2 Likes

João, The layers and the atmospherics here look very good. This is a fine set of ridges going from dark to light. I don’t know of a way to “reuse” a posted image, so I’ve just uploaded the image again when I move a view into a new category.

1 Like

I really like the mood this image conveys, João. Despite being uncomfortable, the weather was great for photography. Clouds and haze create such interesting effects in mountain scenery. I really like the progression from the dark foreground to the brightly lit peak in the distance.

1 Like

Hi João, regardless of the theme, I think the light really makes this photo. My eyes were drawn to the lightest part and gradually moved across the nicely arranged layers of ridgelines. Emotionally, a moody scene well captured.

1 Like

I really like how the layers go from very dark in the foreground to light the further one goes into the frame. I also really like the atmosphere here and the colour is just fine the way it is.

1 Like

this is an excellent example of a layers, and, as cited by an earlier poster, the light makes it! nothing wrong with dark and moody :)))

1 Like

Joao: Give me conditions like this anytime over blue skies. Love the play of light through the clouds and on the peaks. :+1: :+1:>=))>

1 Like

Thank you all, indeed this condition are just great for shooting and exploring these mountains.
And on the situation the world is, i just cant wait to go back there.

Thank you all again, stay safe,
Cheers