Get Thee to a Nunnery

I was driving back home through the desert when I came across what appeared to be one of the Franciscan padres that had survived 200 years. The famous Shakespeare line came to me much later.

Fascinating, I was saying in my head, “Get the to a nunnery” before I saw your title. Another fine find, Igor. Way cool that you noted this while driving and stopped.

Can’t say that I ever would have thought of the title since I am not familiar with Shakespeare (thanks Google) but that is a great take on a rock monk in a monastic desert isolation. Great entry for the challenge.

I was thinking Darth Vader

1 Like

That’s a good comparison!

I am liking this thread. It’s humorous. And NPN can use a bit of humor in my opinion.

Seeing the formation immediately brought to mind a padre or monk. A super find here, Igor. … :cowboy_hat_face:

I like it a lot Igor. Nice job of spotting it. To me it looks like a very peaceful rock formation, especially set against the cacti. Definitely a monk type just out for a walk.

What a great find, Igor! ‘Padre’ came to mind immediately for me. I agree that this is a fun, light hearted challenge!

A perfect angle on this, Igor, and a great find. Definitely a monk.

It’s interesting you mention that. The car approached it from a road that revealed it as a monk. Had I approached it from almost any other direction there would have been no monk.