Gleason Falls Bridge

Sick of my bridges yet?? I have more!!

Much like what @DavidWallace has to say about his stone bridge shot, the same happened here - the clouds just didn’t stick around as promised. So it’s not exactly the best light ever, but I was there and did what I could. I’m glad in retrospect because I don’t live in NH anymore and can’t do the stone bridges of Hillsborough tour again. This was from 2014 - my last fall in NH.

This is still used by traffic today and spans Beard Brook. It is a dry laid masonry stone arch bridge built ca.1830.

Specific Feedback Requested

Too much of a hot mess?

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Tripod & probably a CPL

Lr processed for a LOT of highlights management and some lens correction & transform to correct geometry. Clarity, texture & sharpening.

@the.wire.smith
1 Like

I’m not really into bridges but this is a nice photo. It looks like a post card you’d see at a tourist gift shop!

Not too hot or messy for me! It’s a gorgeous bridge over lovely water with a wonderful setting. I might consider some corner/edge burn and maybe select the bridge and bring it up a little. I love the shadows and variable lighting caused by the slow ss on the water.

Thanks much @Vanessa_Hill & @Diane_Miller - I wish I could have shot it with less extreme lighting, but it wasn’t in the cards. I think I can probably make the bridge stand out more…will have to mess with it.