Golden-crowned Sparrow

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

There’s a nice head turn showing the golden crown and I like the background, but blackberry canes are not my favorite perch.

Specific Feedback

Any thoughts appreciated.

Technical Details

Canon R5; 100-500 with 1.4 TC; at 700 mm; 1/500 at f10, -2/3 EV; ISO 1000

1 Like

A very nice view of this golden-crowned sparrow. The head is tack sharp and it looks like there’s some moire patterning showing up on the lower back of the bird. It might just be something due to the size of the image posted. I can see some light banding in that area. Otherwise, I find the phot pleasing to the eye and it has a wonderful head turn that shows off the yellow crown…Jim

1 Like

Very nicely done image of this sparrow, Allen. The colors look spot on and it gave you a grea thead turn.

2 Likes

Very nice! I see yours like blackberries too! Excellent pose, perch, detail and BG. I’m not seeing any moire. Could it be an interaction between the image resolution and dot pitch of the monitor?

1 Like

Nice catch Allen with a pleasing head turn as you mention. Love crown on these birds. I like the spikey perch. Nice BG too. I don’t see any moire in the larger photo size. Well done.

1 Like