Golden Eagle in snow

I was a member of NPN several year ago and am now ready to try again.
In wintertime I feed Eagles with trafic killed deers and this is a picture from this feeding place.
Here in Sweden feeding with poison free food has saved many eagles from early death.
Nikon D850, 180-400 mm @ 370 mm,f 1/4, 171250 s

What technical feedback would you like if any?

Anything!

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Anything!
I like this picture and I would like to know what you think about it.

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If backgrounds have been removed, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

I like the pose and the overall composition. The snow adds a lot. The out of focus trees in the background gives a nice sense of depth. Interesting background story.

1 Like

Hi Lennart, interesting shot with all the snow and lifted wings. Exposure looks good to me. I am seeing some noise on the bird in the largest image. A nice frame.

1 Like

Very nice winter image. The snow makes the eagle stand out. I like the pose of the eagle with raised wings. The snowfall and background vegetation add a lot to the scene.

1 Like

Welcome back ! Wonderful image, the snowflakes add so much to the image ! Did you brighten the image in postprocessing ? I see some noise in the darker areas which may be the result of that. Cheers, Hans

1 Like

Thanks Hans!
I don’t remember what I have done with this picture but probably the shadows are lightened up.
I usually do that whith pictures in low light.

Thanks for your comments! :smiley: