Incoming Eagle

One from my recent trip to Alaska. Loved shooting in the snow to add an extra element to the images. The nearly constant battles created a lot of opportunities for action.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any

Technical Details

OM Systems OM-1
40-150 f/2.8 with 2x
1/2000, f/6.3, ISO 3200

Processed with DXO Pure Raw, LR, PS

2 Likes

Excellent catch and processing! It looks like the incoming bird intends to make a statement.

1 Like

Love this one, Keith. I agree about the snow adding a lot to the image. Much more dynamic. Terrific soft light and the action is superb. I love the outstretched talons and the intent look on both birds. Great action shot.

Really nice action. I really like the pose of the incoming eagle and the falling snow. There does seem to be some cyan cast in the snow (especially around the darker areas) that could be chromatic aberration from the teleconverter.

Hi Keith
What the real estate mantra “location, location, location”. This shot provides us with great action and feather detail. In my monitor I saw very little color cast, the color difference between the Eagle’s head feathers and the snow could have more to due with the sun reflection and age of the snow pack. Great work.
Peter

This is a superb shot! I echo all the positives that have already been given. I don’t see a colour cast.

One very picky thought…I find the top line across the frame (is it the horizon?) a bit distracting. I wonder about pulling in the right corner a tad to eliminate that. I know that might center the action a bit more but I don’t mind that.

Hope this is helpful. Again a superb shot!