Golden eagle

Young golden eagle photographed up close from a hide. This is an impressive bird and in this image I like the light part of the feathers forming almost a burning circle.

Type of Critique Requested

• Aesthetic: Feedback on the overall visual appeal of the image, including its color, lighting, cropping, and composition.
  • Conceptual: Feedback on the message and story conveyed by the image.
  • Emotional: Feedback on the emotional impact and artistic value of the image.
  • Technical: Feedback on the technical aspects of the image, such as exposure, color, focus and reproduction of colors and details, post-processing, and print quality.

Specific Feedback and Self-Critique

All feed-back is welcome.

Technical Details

2 Likes

Johan, welcome back. What a wonderful image. It feels surreal. I love it.

1 Like

Wow! That’s in your face! So excellent. The inquisitive aspect comes through here which is interesting given the fact that birds don’t have facial muscles capable of making expressions. The light colored feathers are incredible and are sort of like a collar or mane. I assume it was feeding because of the bits on the bill. Is it really that yellow though? I know baldie’s beaks can get pretty yellow, but this seems a tad much. So arresting. Just wonderful.

1 Like

Thanks a lot David! Yes, I think the brighter coloured region looks like a ring of fire in a surreal way!

thanks a lot for your comment Kristen! I think the collar almost look like fire. I will try to desaturate the yellow in the bead a little. I warmed up the whole image quite a bit and this may have pushed the yellows to far!

Wow, this is an awesome image, John! It’s so dynamic. It looks like a fashion photo shoot with a supermodel. The light on the feathers around the head make it look like they are being blown in the wind. And I love the eye contact. Really great capture!

1 Like

thanks a lot Vanessa for your comment, very much appreciated!

1 Like

Stunning composition! Congratulations!

1 Like

thanks a lot Robena!

Excellent portrait with the eyes looking right at you and the bright feathers make for a nice frame.

1 Like

Incredible shot, a close up like this. Wow! Normally I am not a fan of portrait, but this is the exception - love it ! Hans

1 Like

Hi Johan
What a rear treat to see a Golden Eagle up close. The Eagle expression and eye contact give you the impression he is not such a bad ass, but we all know better. Thank you for the photograph.
Peter

1 Like

thanks a lot Allen!

Happy you liked it Hans!

Thanks a lot Peter! Maybe this one is not a bad ass yet - it is a young eagle.

Hi Johan,

This is a very dynamic portrait of a golden eagle. The comp is very nice as it is different from what we normally see in portraits. The head in the RH portion of the image draws the eye of the viewer and generates a lot of visual interest in the subject. Awesome photo…Jim