Golden Plover

Last week I spent on the Dutch island of Texel, where at low tide I could frame some Golden Plovers. For more, please check https://www.hansoverduin.nl/grey-to-golden/. Thanks for viewing, Cheers, Hans

What technical feedback would you like if any?

These birds are not that tall at all, so I decided to not crop any further, how do you feel about that?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Any pertinent technical details: Nikon D500 with 500mm F4 | 1/1250s | f5 | ISO640 | overexposed 2FS | handheld, me ankle deep in the mud

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Delicate and very attractive… maybe a bit off the bottom?

Lovely low angle, Hans, with a very nice pose. I can’t think of any way to improve on this.

Good pose and simple in really sweet light, Hans. I like the open framing, and the foreground has a nice natural defocused appearance. (Doesn’t look like you had to lay in the sand for this one).

Very pleasing high key effect. I like the composition, detail, and environment. I think the crop works well even though I might be tempted to make a tiny bit closer.

Lovely high key type of shot Hans, great detail in the plover, if it were mine I would take about half of the bottom off and either crop to a pano.