Gone Fishing - redone

On the Rufiji River, Nyerere National Park (Selous) Tanzania

Yellow-Billed Stork

Specific Feedback Requested

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Leica CL, Leica-Vario-Elmar R 105-280, 1,4x Apo-Extender.
Photoshop 2021, Topaz Sharpen AI

L1010618-2

1 Like

HI Jaayv
In both photographs the Stork looks like it is interacting with the camera. Your shots show nice control of color, detail and eye contact. I think it would be also nice to see more head room is both photographs.
Thank you for this interesting look at a lovely Yellow-Billed Stork.
Peter

Excellent detail and color in both images, Jaapv. If you weren’t already zoomed all the way out, a bit more room all around in the first image would have been nice. Fine work.

Thanks for the kind comments. The framing of the first bird is unfortunatenly inevitable if I have to keep the composition. If truth be told, I got it off-center too much to be able to reposition it properly otherwise. There is already some content-aware crop there, more would create artefacts.
The second does have some pixels left on the original, but actually this framing was a deliberate choice. I’ll go back and have a look at your suggestion :smiley:

Hello, Jaap, nice images of this stork. The mute light makes the feather details come out very nicely - which would be harder I presume in full sun light. I like the 2nd image best, due to the space around the bird, the first image feels a little cut-off to me. Although bot the bill and the legs are underwater, somehow it feels they cross the edge of the frame, even if they cannot be seen. Anyway, fine shots ! Hans

1 Like

Thanks, Hans, a valued comment!

Content-aware crop is your friend…
L1010612

1 Like