Walking around

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

The white storks returned to the place where the nested the past 2 years. Last year without success, maybe more luck this time.
This one was hunting in the field nearby and allowed me to stay pretty close. Lying on the ground I could take a few shots through the grasses.

Specific Feedback

Nothing specific, any comment welcome.

Technical Details

Pentax K3 Mk. III, Pentax 150-450 @290mm, ISO400, f/6.3, 1/2000sec. Bean bag.
RAW conversion in DxO PL6, minor curves adjustments in Picture Window Pro. Cloned over the BG with a low opacity stamp to smoothen the BG a bit.

Beautiful light and detail, Han. I love the low angle and the shot through the grasses. The bird feels pretty tight in the frame for my taste and I’d particularly like a bit more room on the bottom for the hidden legs and feet. The foreground and background are gorgeous.

Hi Han, nice light with fine details on the bird. I like the striding pose you caught with a bit of a head turn toward us. I could see more room below and on the left. Nice frame.

Beautiful whites warmed up by early/evening sun. More room on the bottom and to the left will push the comp beyond excellence. Well done…Jim

Thank you, @Allen_Sparks , @Dennis_Plank and @Jim_Zablotny for your comments. There is no more room on the bottom, unfortunately. Composition was a bit hard, lying on the ground and looking through the grass. I completely agree with your point. But there is nothing extra visible of the legs. At the leftside of the frame PS can add something, probably.