Great Egret take off

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

Visited a local state park pond yesterday. While staking out an old beaver den that had recently been used by an otter, this egret flew in and took off.

Specific Feedback

Any comments appreciated.
The egret seems to be slightly facing away in the first two images but perhaps started to change direction towards me in the last two shots.

Technical Details

Canon R7, 400mm f4 DO IS II, 1.4x extender III, monopod
ISO 2500, f5.6, 1/2500s

Processed in DXO Pure Raw 3 and Photoshop.

A wonderful sequence with fantastic sharpness and detail! The last one is my favorite but all are magnificent! Wonderful BG too!

Excellent sequence, Allen. I try to get these types of flight take offs and have marginal success. This set is fun to look at whole screen and flip through them like a stop action sequence.

Cheers,
David

Excellen, Allen. I like all of them with a slight preference for #2 due to the wing position.

Terrific sequence. My favorite is the second image as it has more balance to it than the first where there is too much room behind the bird and not enough room in front of it. Also, the wing position and the feet are terrific. Great detail and sharpness in all of them and I prefer the background in the third image but would like a smidgen more room underneath the bird. I like that wing position as well. Very nice set, Allen!

Very well done. I prefer the third one because of the good bokeh in the background. The droplets of water in the first one are very appealing but the background in that one isn’t as appealing as in the third.

Nice sequence Allen! I actually like the third image the best because of the wing and head position but it also has a better BG than the others.

Great sequence. You got the technique down for getting these egrets without blowing out the whites and the detail is good. Hard to pick a favorite. I like the wing position and the open beak, in the third, and there’s still some water droplets present and the background is my favorite of the four. But, the first shows more wing detail and the action of take-off.