Great Grey Owl

What technical feedback would you like if any? I brightened up the shadows and tweaked up the brightness & contrast to reveal the owl’s right eye more. Let me know what you think.

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If backgrounds have been removed, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn) I cropped this one for composition. D500 550mm (200-400mm f4 + 1.4 TC, 1/500sec at f5.6, Iso 140)…Jim

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.
1 Like

Hi Jim,
a nice straight on look of this owl with fine details including the eyes. This portrait composition works for me. Well done.

1 Like

Superb detail, Jim. The degree of shadow on the unlit side of the face looks pretty reasonable, so I think your lightening worked well. A beautiful portrait.

1 Like

I’d like to see one of these some day.

1 Like

I too would like to see one of this while I have my camera in hand and ready to capture him. Very nice shot, Jim. The details are really great. Just a beautiful portrait of the Great Grey. :+1::+1:

1 Like