Greylag Goose

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

Shooting Geese in flight is always an acid test for the man and the machine. When successful, it ensures that everything ( including reflexes) is working fine. :slight_smile:

Technical Details

Canon R 5; 500 mm lens; 1.4X; ISO 800; 1/2000 sec. at f 6.3

2 Likes

Beautiful image, J. Wonderful pose, position in the frame, and great eye catch. Awesome.

1 Like

A gorgeous image, Jagdeep. I love that full forward wing position with just a hint of motion blur at the tips. The wonderful eye contact is a definite bonus and there’s just enough cloud in the sky to cap it off.

1 Like

Well, Jagdeep, if shooting geese is an acid test as you state d, then you have given us a great prize. The wing form, the eye contact, and the soft blue sky are all in sync to create a wonderful photo. Nicely done!

1 Like

You both passed the test here!! Wonderful catch with a lovely bit of detail in the sky! Tonalities look perfect.

1 Like

Fantastic image Jagdeep. Love the stretched out wings with the blur in the wing tips. Bird looks great against the background of blue sky and faint clouds.

1 Like

This is a really nice flight shot Jagdeep. Nice colors, good details, just a touch of wing blur. and really nice position of the wings. Congratulations on a fine shot.

1 Like

Jagdeep, this is a WOW image! Lovely detail, perfect wing position to reveal the face and the eye contact is great. Love the sky behind it, too. As one who has recently been photographing snow geese and sandhill cranes, I know just how hard birds in flight are, lol!! This is excellent. I am amazed you got as much in focus as you did with f6.3, however. It seems mine are more blurred than I want and I have taken to doing f9 - but then again when the wings are folded forward like this, 6.3 would work. I am going to try that!

1 Like

So NICE!! I love the forward motion of the wings with the tips just starting to curl. I also love the cloudy and cool color of the background sky. You had beautiful light for this shot, Jagdeep. Man and machine came together perfectly for this one. Cheers!

1 Like