Home comimg

Greylag Geese welcoming Bar-headed Geese.
An old photo taken in 2008. somehow could never process it well.

Pertinent technical details or techniques: Canon 40D; 500 mm; ISO 400; 1/1600 sec. at F 5.

(If backgrounds have been removed, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
2 Likes

Absolutely spectacular Jagdep! Iceland?

1 Like

Really like the mood in this image. The soft misty light adds a lot to the scene. The two landing geese are positioned nicely and the geese looking at them as they land just adds to the whole story. Nicely captured.

1 Like

Nice mood and the incoming geese being in complimentary poses works very well. I like the few geese on the right looking back at the fliers.

I really love this image, Jagdeep! The subdued colours are very pleasing to the eye, the symmetry of the two groups of geese looking towards the central activity, and the placement of the two main birds with just the right amount of extra light to draw the eye in make for an image pleasing aesthetically as well as giving that extra interest from the activity and interactions of the geese. I thought of a very slight vignette, especially to darken the bottom left slightly, but on reflection I think it is just right as it is!
Philip

It’s interesting how some images just draw you in, though it’s often hard to say why. I like everything about this image-the foggy background, the position of the landing geese, the gathering of the geese in the water. It has a painterly feel to it and I could see this hanging in a gallery. Outstanding.

1 Like

No, it’s Bharatpur, India.

1 Like

Great capture Jagdeep! I love the vibrancy contrasting the hazy atmosphere. It looks like you captured the decisive moment in this scene as well, great timing! I really can’t see where you could improve on this one.

Very cool landing shot here. I like the interplay between the two landing geese and the three geese on the right side who appeared to be squawking at the interlopers. Well composed and I like the fog in the background. I wish there was a little more separation between the two flying geese and those walking around in the pond. But you still got an excellent action shot.

This is really sweet, Jagdeep. The processing looks fine to me. I like the color tones and the sense of mystery added by the mist. I do wish the two incoming geese were just a bit further left in the frame, but I don’t think you can cut anything off that side without messing things up because of the geese being so close to the edge on the left. A fine image.

1 Like

Hello, Jagdeep. Amazing feel to this image, it looks like a painting of one of the Dutch painters from several centuries ago (please consider this a positive remark!). A great combination of calmness (the group) and action (the incoming geese). Love it ! Cheers, Hans

1 Like

What a dandy shot. It certainly has that old time feel to it. It seems so hard to come across these sort of situations and you nailed this one. Processing looks fine.