Grizzly with Salmon

Image was shot at 1/640, f/6.3 and ISO 720 from a zodiac near Bella Bella, British Colombia.

What technical feedback would you like if any? Any and all.

What artistic feedback would you like if any? Any and all.

Any pertinent technical details: A cleaner background wasn’t possible. What if anything would you do about the background?

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Richard, nice to see this bear again! :slight_smile: I like how it’s placed in the frame, and I think you did a particularly nice job ensuring the salmon wasn’t blown out. That happens all too easily in these situations.

Max

Moderator: I meant to place this in the wildlife critique section. Would you please move it there. Thanks, Richard

Excellent image, Richard. I really like the placement of the bear. I wondered why it was put in Man and Fauna. Consider it moved.

Wow, for not blowing out the water. This is very well done, I really like the sprinkle of flowers in the immediate background of the bear. It seems to echo the salmon really well.

Love the composition with the bear’s head emerging from the water. The water splash adds to the image for me.

There is so much to love in this frame, the ripples, the reflection, the flowers in the background as well as foreground, the angle of Bear’s head, the Salmon etc. etc. Very nicely captured !

Richard,
What I like is the the placement of bear, the ripples, and especially being taken at the same level of the bear. A special moment well captured.

A wonderful wildlife capture, Richard.