GSMNP Cascade

Cloudy day provided some nice soft light along this creek in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park. I shot a very similar image at this same location in January and was hoping to see some fall color on this trip (October 29).

Specific Feedback Requested

All feedback welcome.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Nikon Z7ii
Nikkor Z 14-30mm f/4 S

ISO 64
f/16
2.5 second

Circular polarizer

@jonwhitaker
1 Like

Nice. I’m searching around for a critique, but I can’t find any. :vulcan_salute:

1 Like

This is a classic landscape composition that’s really done well. All parts look good but it’s the colors of the leaves in the foreground that stand out for me. Actually the fg in general really shines with the inclusion of those mossy rocks among all that yellow and red. I don’t see any way to improve this. I mean, you could clone out a leaf or two along the borders but that’s really insignificant. And you maybe could add some texture to the whitewater. But some people like that pure white look.

1 Like

I have two suggestions.

1. Make a BIG print and hang it on your wall.

2. Enter a major photography competition.

This is seriously gorgeous and so well done!

1 Like

This beautiful Jon! I agree with Diane!

1 Like

John, What a beautiful fall photograph. It’s a joy looking at this and just letting your eye wander around the image. Really nice work!

1 Like

Thanks everyone! I really love this spot and hope to return soon!

This is very well composed. It’s the rare waterfall shot where the foreground outshines the waterfall, an din effect becomes the main subject itself. Those mossy rocks and leaves in the foreground are really the star of this show for me, the waterfall becomes secondary. And there is nothing wrong with that either.

1 Like

This is beautiful just as it is! What a wonderful fall scene!