Gulf Fritillary Butterfly

Seen this past September at a local community gardens.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

any/all

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

any/all

Any pertinent technical details:

Canon 7D2, 70-200mmf2.8L IS II, 1.4x TC III
ISO 640, f5.6, 1/4000s

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.
2 Likes

Another lovely butterfly and flower composition, Allen. The angle between the flower and butterfly works well in this one. It may not be true to nature, but I’d consider upping the saturation of the reds in the flower a bit-it just appears rather dull in comparison with the rest of the image.

Allen: You’re making me envious with your flight shots. This is one of my favorite butterflies and a staple in our garden most of the year. I like your comp and the position of the main elements. Many :+1::+1::+1:>=))>

Okay, enjoying your in flight butterfly shots immensely, Allen, and you are making ready for spring even more so I can attempt to capture something like this myself! Excellent capture.

Hi Allen,

This one is better than your flying sulfur shot. The butterfly is positioned better in this version for a stronger composition. Well done :beers:…………………Jim.

Another fine butterfly on the move shot, Allen. The details in the bf, with it’s legs down and proboscis extended are great.

No nits on my part. B’flys in flight are quite erratic and difficult to even get a frame around them. Excellent!