Harvest Brodiaea

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

At least that’s what I-Naturalist calls it. Not even sure how to pronounce the second word. Another wildflower seen while out birding.

Specific Feedback

Any thoughts appreciated.

Technical Details

Canon R5; 100-500 with 1.4 TC at 599 mm; 1/640 at f9; ISO 1600

Critique Template

Use of the template is optional, but it can help spark ideas.

• Vision and Purpose:
  • Conceptual:
  • Emotional Impact and Mood:
  • Composition:
  • Balance and Visual Weight:
  • Depth and Dimension:
  • Color:
  • Lighting:
  • Processing:
  • Technical:
1 Like

INaturalist got it right, Allen. It’s Bro-day-ah. One of the later prairie wildflowers. Ours haven’t started yet. I think we’re at least a couple of weeks behind your location. You did a fine job getting the entire open bloom in nice focus and a smooth transition to the out of focus elements. The background is nice and very typical of when and where this plant blooms.

1 Like

I love the warmth and vitality in this one, Allen. Just says summer. I like the varied stages of blooming although I’d like some more separation in the parts if possible. Maybe shifting to the left and around a bit might have done it. Tough sometimes with clusters like these. The vibrant purple is perfect with that golden background.

1 Like

Excellent detail and perspective. The purple against the muted yellow BG really pops

1 Like

Allen: Like Kris I like the various stages of the blooms to see the entire life cycle. Nice find and a fine capture. >=))>

1 Like

Very nice, with lovely color and detail!! Ours are blooming now and I do recognize that dry grass BG.

1 Like