Haunted - Rework

ReWork:

Inspired by Alfredo Mora and others i wanted to try ICM.
I have to say that the RAW image was not inspiring at first but after some time i came to it again and processed it in a way that made something i like.
I am still unsure.
I almost did some warping to get that dark diagonal to the center and have the image be almost split but i then decided to keep it as is.

Specific Feedback Requested

What do you think of the image overall?
Does the dark diagonal part bother you because it is off center?

What are your thoughts about the contrast? Does it look over done?

Any feedback is welcome. This is my first ever photo of this type.

Technical Details

ICM
Single frame

1 Like

I find it very interesting and pleasing! I love the delicate detail of the bare trees. You have caught an elusive sweet spot of detail and motion blur.

I don’t mind the off-centering of the darker area (my favorite rule of 7/16ths) but it makes the image feel a bit top heavy. Maybe a subtle darker gradient from the bottom? Or a crop to center that area could also work and could need less darkening of the FG.

It’s probably just my OCD, but I usually correct the very common vertical distortion in a camera sweep. Especially for trees, my brain wants to make them vertical. It’s difficult to get that alignment in the capture. And with a wise angle lens, there is often a pincushion distortion that I’ll correct.

I had to play with it:

3 Likes

Thanks for the feedback @Diane_Miller
I have to say, i did not realize the titling till you pointed it out more precisly till i saw your rework :sweat_smile: you have a keen eye.
I like what you did to the image, i am going to have a little play with it later
After posting i did notice it is very bright in the bottom so that dark gradient adds a nice touch.

Excellent rework of a great original image.

Thanks guys – glad to have my thoughts be of some use!

I really like the original image, and have no problem with the placement of the dark diagonal. The rework done by @Diane_Miller make a very good ICM image even better.

Thank you all for the feedback
I went back and did some work to the photo
I incorporated what @Diane_Miller has suggested in terms of veryical trees and darkening the llc
I also made the overall image a bit more high key and played a bit with the colors

Not sure if that made it better or worse. It somehow feels like a different image :sweat_smile:

Thank you Aref for mentioning me. Really cool image! I like the corrections that Diane offered. And yes your reworked version gives me a different vibe than the original. The first one was more haunting with the bare trees appearing like apparitions. I don’t get that sense as much with the second one. Well done regardless of which version you end up keeping.