Ghostly Apparition

When walking around searching for interesting subjects to photograph for ICM abstracts I certainly didn’t see anything like the final image that you see here. This was just a simple tree with some knots in the trunk that, with random movement, created this strange and earie looking apparition.

Specific Feedback Requested

I’m really not sure what to ask for with this image so anything that you notice that could improve this would be welcome.

Technical Details

Z9, 100-400mm lens @250mm, ISO 50, f/18, 1/4 second

2 Likes

I really like the beautiful muted browns in this artwork/photo. It does feel ghostly, especially with the two “eyes” that seem to be looking at us, but it also looks like scarves waving in the wind . I don’t have anything to suggest that you change. It’s a fun image, and thanks for sharing it!

1 Like

Nice find even if you didn’t see it until processed. I think the person in the tree is Handsome Jack after he jilted Marie LaVeau.

Very cool, David. I totally see Edvard Munch’s The Scream in this:
The Scream

Awesome image.

Thanks very much @David_Bostock, @Jim_Gavin, @robertakayne for your comments.
Roberta, I didn’t notice the scarves until you mentioned it but I see what you mean. Thanks for that.
Jim, I love it. Handsome Jack indeed. ONE NIGHT WHEN THE MOON WAS BLACK…
David, That’s exactly what I saw when I first saw this on the screen. Glad I was not alone. Thanks very much.

1 Like

A haunting image David! ICM can often surprise us in what the camera records combined with motion. I don’t really have any corrections to offer other perhaps that small triangle shape on the bottom edge just left of center.

This definitely conjures up The Scream. Quite the unexpected from your ICM image. I would agree with @Alfredo_Mora about cloning the small triangle above the bottom edge.