Help with Photoshop - Hand Tool not letting go

I started having this problem a few months ago and it’s really driving me crazy. When I use the hand tool in PS and I move the image around, sometimes though not every time, when I let go of the mouse button the hand tool doesn’t release and keeps moving image. I have to either hit the ESC button or the right button on my mouse to make it let go.
Is anyone also having this problem? Or does anyone know how I can fix this?

I’m using the latest PS version (though it started happening around the time I installed the previous one) and I’m on Windows 10.

Hi Tom,

Yes, I’ve had a very similar issue for awhile and like you, it started with a previous update (the one just before the most recent update). It was the same update where we lost the ability to turn a radial gradient into an oval.
In my case it usually happens when I use Ctrl+Alt + right mouse button to resize the brush or to adjust the hardness of a brush.
I’m using Windows 10 as well.
This issue hasn’t been consistent and it is very frustrating.
I haven’t found a fix so I’m hoping it will go away with the next update. I did see a few comments about similar issues on Adobe’s Support Community.

Sorry I couldn’t provide a fix! :frowning:

1 Like

Yep, I have the same issue. I don’t have a fix but it seems to “let go” when I release the spacebar and click to get what ever tool I’m using back and then press the spacebar again. (Hope that makes sense) You’re right, its very annoying!

2 Likes

Thanks guys, at least I know that I’m not alone. :slight_smile: