Hide-and-seek

Autumn. The mountain river separating Greece and Macedonia is filled with small waterfalls that either appear or hide in the folds of rocks.

Specific Feedback Requested

All feedback welcome.

Technical Details

Canon 1Ds Mk-II, Canon EF 50/1.2L USM, f/9, 1<21sec, ISO 100, Lee Filter 10 Stops, tripod.
Processed in CaptureOne.

Welcome to NPN, Alexander. I know you will get a lot out of this community.

Awesome first image. The hidden waterfall is such a treasure.

I use Capture One too. It’s the only processor I use anymore.

Cheers
David

Alexander

Welcome to NPN! You will enjoy the community over here!

Let’s get to it! Overall I think the scene is interesting. Hidden waterfalls mixed in with autumn colors is definitely an eye catcher. The first thing that I noticed is the yellow color cast. The yellow cast isn’t giving the scene much color separation. Once the color cast is removed you will see the colors spread out more. I feel the shadows can be opened up as well. The shadows appear rather dark for the light that is present in this scene. A subtle crop on the right can get rid of some of the dark areas on the edge of the frame on the right, and help the red tree so it’s not on the edge of the frame. Lastly, I would consider darkening down the lighter rocks in the foreground. It appears as if the rocks are a lead in line to the edge or out of the frame.

Hope this helps. I will attach a file with some minor corrections for reference.

DT

Dear David,
Thank you very much for your comments.
Some of them have been a big revelation for me. I have never thought in this direction.
Thanks to your assessment, I have a new topic to study.
Thank you again!
Best regards,
Alexander.