Holiday Bison (from the archives)

Critique Style Requested: Initial Reaction

Please share your immediate response to the image before reading the photographer’s intent (obscured text below) or other comments. The photographer seeks a genuinely unbiased first impression.

Questions to guide your feedback

This image popped right on my mind after read the weekly challenge topic. On the location phone edit to add context photo to my Christmas wishes 2019.

Other Information

Please leave your feedback before viewing the blurred information below, once you have replied, click to reveal the text and see if your assessment aligns with the photographer. Remember, this if for their benefit to learn what your unbiased reaction is.

Image Description

I guess this is more about the story/moment in time than the image itself. 2019 Christmas time, me and my wife did a road trip from Seattle area to Yellowstone. This was our first-time visiting Yellowstone, and this was one of the first wild Bisons we saw on Christmas Eve (24th).
So I wanted to send some Holiday wishes to friends and ended up doing this quick and dirty edit, adding a xmas hat for the bison, to make clear where I was at that moment.

Technical Details

Orignal photo is from iPhone XS and edited on the iPhones photo editor (draw the hat with my finger in mark up mode)

Specific Feedback

Nothing really, just sharing a memory.

Very cute, Kasperi. Nothing like a Santa bison. Even though the light is probably accurate for a snow storm, I think you could stand to boos the exposure of everything but the hat a bit to get the snow a bit brighter. I have to admit that I’ve never edited anything on my phone, so I have no idea what the capabilities are (though I know a woman in our camera club that does wonders with hers).

Definitely a cool memory and that is what a lot of photography is all about.

Yes agree with exposure boost, and was contemplating to do it before posting it here but decided to use “the original”.
And got plenty of good pictures of them with the big camera and lens as well :slight_smile:

Most phones allow even to take raw photos and you have Lightroom available as mobile app, iPad even has almost fully blown Photoshop ( I think phones does not but I might be wrong). So they are very capable if needed.