Constructive Comments Welcome

Technical Details

Canon 10D
Tripod/Cable Release
ISO 100
Aperture Priority F16
1/40 Sec.

1 Like

You’ve captured some wonderful, moody and threatening clouds in this scene Terry. You also have nice shadow play on the hills and mountains in the background and the snow capped distant mountains are certainly nice. I’m thinking this could be a touch warmer as it appears that there is an overall blue color cast to the scene but that could be the way you want it so it’s just a suggestion. I like the open range feel that this image has to it as it perfectly defines the rugged, American west. An alternative spin on this scene could be to compress the scene using a longer telephoto lens. Your technical information doesn’t mention the focal length of the lens that was used but compressing this scene would bring the craggy, snow capped mountains, more into play and eliminate some of the negative space in the foreground and on the right side of the mountain range. It’s just food for thought.

1 Like

David, thank you for your kind and constructive comments they are greatly appreciated!

This is definitely a spectacular landscape! The dramatic clouds add to the mood of the scene.

I feel like the sage has too much visual weight in the scene. As a result those dramatic peaks which I’m sure were quite large in person look very small in the composition. I think that a longer focal length would be a better choice for this scene. I would feature the peaks to the left of center together with the dramatic clouds more prominently in the composition. I would only include enough of the foreground to anchor the scene.

1 Like