Hoodies gone wild

Not impressed

Peek-a-boo

Practicing

Intimidation/frustration

Really bad hair day

Ha!

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

This is the last in the series of the Hoodies. You all are probably sick of seeing these so no more after this. This series is just for fun showing the preening, the luring and the chasing, and the crazy twisted head shots that the males display when courting. All for a good laugh. Thanks for taking the time for a quick look.

Technical Details

Z9, 400mm 2.8 lens with built in TC, ISO between 1600 and 3200 for most images, hand held

Love these! Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Love them. Not sick of seeing your Hoodie images. If you have more, keep them coming.

1 Like

Love these, David. Not at all sick of seeing these (though maybe a little sick with jealousy). This kind of shot when birds are putting on a show always makes for great photographs. There’s an international humorous nature photography contest and I think you should enter with some of these!

2 Likes

These are wonderful! Definitely competition for Woody Woodpecker or the Road Runner. The first is a stand-alone artistic gold medal!

1 Like

These are awesome David! I love the whole series. You have such nice detail and colors to go with excellent action. Keep it going.

1 Like

Hi David, these are simply great and like others, the more you share the better. All very well done!

1 Like

Another awesome set of images, David. Really well done. That new lens has certainly got some wonderful color and sharpness to it. Very cool.

1 Like

Thank you all for letting me have my last little bit of fun with these guys. @Denise_Dethlefsen , @Jim_Gavin , @Dennis_Plank , @Diane_Miller , @Ed_Williams , @Allen_Sparks , @David_Bostock .
This was such a fun day with perfect conditions which we never see enough of. I think it will be a while before I post another merganser image. But I may still do a project. We’ll see. Thanks again for sharing in the fun with these last 3 posts. I very much appreciate it.

A really fine series, David. Love the different colors in these scenes, and the details are excellent. 1, 3, and 4 are the standouts for me.

1 Like

Lovely series, David, and what a great birds to shoot ! Love their expressions ! Well done, cheers, Hans