Hoodoo Sunset

Image Description

Off road trip to hoodoos. blessed with a great sunset

Type of Critique Requested

• Aesthetic: Feedback on the overall visual appeal of the image, including its color, lighting, cropping, and composition.

• Emotional: Feedback on the emotional impact and artistic value of the image.

• Technical: Feedback on the technical aspects of the image, such as exposure, color, focus and reproduction of colors and details, post-processing, and print quality.

Specific Feedback and Self-Critique

Wondering if foreground too cluttered and any other comments are appreciated.

Technical Details

24mm f/8 1/50 iso 200

2 Likes

Whoa!! This one grabbed me from the thumbnails and I love it! Wonderful light and composition, with restrained saturation and tonalities and a pleasing white balance. The rabbitbrush gives it a lovely depth and adds interest. The blush of light on it and the rock just behind it is lovely!

It might be interesting to play with very slightly subduing the two rocks in the midground, and/or punching up the ones in the BG.

You have some incredible light and color here, Mario. Wow. The foreground is not too cluttered at all. In fact, it adds to the scene, providing a lead for my eye into the background. Excellent, I wouldn’t change a thing.

Cheers,
David

What a sky! Those pinnacles are incredible as well. The foreground is less interesting but still works well. Great job.

Hi Mario,
wow, what a landscape. That looks like a real playground for photographers.

No, I don’t think so. The crisp foreground provides a nice contrast to the soft shapes in the background.

Great image. Well done!

Thank you @David_Bostock @Igor_Doncov @Jens_Ober @Diane_Miller for our comments. Much appreciated.

Well I don’t need to say much about this one - it’s very nice indeed.

I would spend a bit more time on the cloning in the bottom left area as there are a lot of very obviously repeating patterns. I can see why you’ve done it and it works from a distance but once you see the repeats it’s difficult to ignore.

I don’t know what was in the foreground before but would there have been a way to mitigate it in the field? If not, I would have just cropped from the bottom edge.

What an amazing scene though! Beautifully photographed and a very memorable moment I imagine!