Hover Fly-Repost

Taken in backyard of fly and flower pot flower. I rested my elbow on an adjacent pot to get in position on the little fly.

Specific Feedback Requested

Anything.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
R5, 100mm macro, f/5.6, 1/160, ISO 320, Hand held, Auto focus. LR, Cropped to 75% full frame.

1 Like

David…love the frame overall…and also the reflection of the flower on the hover’s face. I may brighten the eyes a tad bit.

Balan Vinod

Great shot, color, composition, balance. Can’t enlarge the image to assess sharpness more accurately, but maybe I don’t need to be pixel-peeping. Only consideration I might have would be to clockwise rotate slightly if you wanted to “level” the fly within the flower. I like how the yellows play off each other in the fly’s body and center. Excellent image to my eye.

David: I really like the subject and you DOF choice. The image won’t enlarge so I would encourage you to edit the post by deleting the image and then reposting it. I’m not sure if this is a site issue or something you’ve done inadvertently. I have had the same issue with some other shots so it may be a site glitch. >=))>

I brightened up the eyes a bit.

Thanks for the comments and suggestions.

I am not sure why image did not enlarge the first time. Sometimes it does and other times not. It seems a simple repost and it boots itself up.

David, I like this shot too. The colors of the flower are really nice, and seems frame this little Hoverfly in nicely.