I might be dead if I got any lower

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques: iso 12800, 100-400 plus 1.4X at 560, f8, 1000th, A7R4

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

Saffron Finch? It certainly looks like you were at ground level for this one, David. Excellent detail and I like the bits of grass in front of the bird. On my monitor, it’s looking just a tiny bit bright. I also think you could remove the dead grass blade on the right-it really catches my eye.

David, this is a fine look at this little bird. The yellow bird and the green grass fit well. It’s neat that you got it with a seed in its beak.

Wow, great photo of this little fellow David. I like the detail you’ve gotten in the feathers and also the composition has allowed him space. Nicely done.

Nice job capturing this cutie David. Yes, you were really low which probably helped in not scaring him away. Caught him with a mouthful which is cool too. Wow, that’s a high ISO you used but the soft lighting reveals all the details in his feathers.