Saffron Finch

A species introduced from SE Asia. Spends most of its time on the ground.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

I posted several of these I processed on my laptop last month but this was done today on my desktop.

Pertinent technical details or techniques: iso 6400, 100-400 plus 1.4X at 560, f8, 1000th no flash, handheld, 75% full frame, A7R4.

(If backgrounds have been removed, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

David, I really like that you were able to get down to eye level with a bird that is on the ground. He is a real beauty. Love the yellow bird against the green grass. Nice details in his feathers, and a nice composition.

1 Like

I also like the nice eye level shot, good placement in the frame and lots of detail. The swirl of the feathers is a nice bonus.

Hi David, I also like the low POV and the head turn is very nice. A real beauty. Shows off the foraging behavior very well.

As the others have mentioned, a nice POV. Very nice species as well, standing out nicely between the greens. Well done ! Hans

Excellent colors and a nice pose, David. I like the low angle.

David; I just keep coming back to this wonderful photo. The colors of this little guy are gorgeous. In fact I just noticed the light purple on the tail. Thanks for posting it