Goldfinch

What technical feedback would you like if any?

Any

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Any

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If backgrounds have been removed, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)
7DII, 700mm, f/5.6, 1/500, ISO 800, Photo is cropped to 75% horizontal size. I also removed several other flower/seed heads.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
2 Likes

Excellent BG and bird looks very nice.
If you could get those stems in front sharper would be nice…

Excellent, David. I love the palette in this image and the composition works very well. Detail in the Goldfinch is very good.

A truly sweet image, with the rather unique perch. BG color is perfect for both the perch and bird. Lovely sharp detail.

Very nice pose and detail and nice to get it perched like this. Works well with the background. Nice capture.

I’m really enjoying this one, especially the background. It works so well with the color of the bird. Perch is wonderful.

Love everything about this photo, from the bird, to the color palette, to the perch. My only suggestion is that I bet you could pull a touch more detail out of the bird with some slight sharpening.

Thanks everyone for the comments and @Lyle_Gruby you might be right. I really wanted to maintain that soft fluffy look and so kept a light touch on any adjustments I made.