April showers

Taken on a dark and dreary day, this female Goldfinch is looking for a meal

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques: iso 3200, 100-400 at 400, f8, 2000th, A7R4, handheld, no flash, 30% full frame, 1% sharpening.

(If backgrounds have been removed, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
1 Like

Beautiful bird. As always, love the moss on the perch. Multi-tone BG is nice. IQ held up really well, especially given the ISO and crop. If anything, the bird might be a hair too sharp. Only nit is that there’s a little bit of noise in the perch. I’d probably run a round of NR on the BG, including the OOF portions of the perch.

Good detail. The moss and background complement the finch nicely.

Large view is very nice. Sharpening is pretty close to where you would like it to be. You may try less sharpening and see how that looks. I think it is fine as presented. I like the colors and moss is a nice touch too. Well done…Jim

Excellent, David. I like the pose and the perch… This image certainly doesn’t look oversaturated. Cool looking background.