Goldfench

What technical feedback would you like if any? Any

What artistic feedback would you like if any? Any

Pertinent technical details or techniques: Canon 5DS R, 100x400x1.4 Extender, at f 13, 1/800 sec and iso 1600 to try to catch wing action. Got this shot which needed high lever of exposure correction.

(If backgrounds have been removed, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

Hi John, great shot here, really enjoying the creamy background which complements all the foreground objects nicely. Lots of fine detail in this fellow and the composition is well done too. The curving branch and red berries add a lot of interest.

Thanks Jim, Your comment is really appreciated.
Wayne

Nice detail in the Goldfinch and I like the perch, Wayne. If you have it, just a tad more room on the right might help-the tail seems a bit crowded.

Repost

Thanks Dennis, there is improvement with more room to the right.
Wayne

I like the composition of the re-post-good suggestion by Dennis to add a bit more room behind the tail. I like the curves to the perch and the berries on the end and the background colors seem perfect for scene, working well with the goldfinch. Excellent.

Thanks Allen, I’m beginning to like the female birds because the bright colors of the male ones always seem overdone, especially the bright colors. And, I believe the female blend in better with their background.

Hi John,

Repost improves the composition. A nice pleasing image with a killer background too. Well done…Jim