Ice Plant

Yup, more Point Reyes ICM’s. And I still have a couple more I might share!

This is was the first ICM after reaching the dune landscape on our first day. It’s a good sized crop from the orginal. If you’re familiar enough with the ice plant on the CA coast, this should be somewhat recognizable.

Apologies, I’ve been a bit busy elsewhere. Have some catching up to do on NPN!

Specific Feedback Requested

Feedback and comments always welcome! I’m not quite sure this has the impact or staying power so really just emphasizing color and the glow of the iceplant.

Appreciate any feedback and impressions.

Technical Details

Nikon D800E, 28-300mm @85mm, f/16 1/4s iso71

Right away I thought this was yours! (I’ve been super busy too and will never catch up here, but trying.) I think this is very pleasing and effective. I appears the camera motion followed the leaves, or maybe that’s just the impression you “painted” but equally effective in either case. I love the hints of warmer light mixed in with the gray/cyan areas. A very pleasing mix of blur and natural shapes.

1 Like

This is lovely, Lon. I like the feathery shapes and the square crop. The diagonal repetition gives it some nice energy, which can be a challenge in a square crop, but you nailed it. I think it’s very nice. It’s not “The Matrix,” but it’s plenty interesting to look at.
ML

Definitely brings back memories for me, Lon. Growing up in San Francisco we had a hill right across the street full of ice plant . … and slugs! Love the range of greens and how the ice plant has created a wonderful diagonal sweep. Great shot.

California is loaded with ice plant so I definitely recognized this immediately. This almost looks like greens flames. I think it’s because of the lighter tones mixed with all the green and yellow tones. There is really good movement, chaos and energy in this Lon. What really makes this work though is the that the ice plant is not growing straight up but rather at and angle which gives this image all of that energy that we see.

Really digging the square crop, the colors, and repeating patterns Lon. Nicely done! I think you achieved your goal of showcasing the color and glow of the plants. I don’t really have any corrections to offer.

Thank you @Diane_Miller , @Marylynne_Diggs , @linda_mellor , @David_Haynes and @Alfredo_Mora for your comments! Much appreciated. Maybe a couple more… maybe. :slight_smile: