Ice Trail #2

This image was taken on the same hike as the last ice photo I posted. Now, the trail is adorned with wildflowers. I took some of the suggestions from my last ice photo and incorporated them here.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any comments are appreciated

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Canon R5, 24-105mm @ 63mm, 1/60, f/16, handheld

1 Like

Wow, you landed some wonderful abstracts, Don. Nicely done. This one is really interesting and pulls the eye in nicely. I would consider cropping from the bottom to get more of a square, centered feeling, but that’s just a suggested perception.

Cheers,
David

I find this image fascinating. And the bigger the image the more interesting it is. To me it looks like Modern Art. It’s an explosion of lines coming from the center. Love the geometric shapes and those deep blacks add a lot. I also like the color composition here with those brown earth tones. Just an excellent abstract in my opinion. There is so much energy and vigor in your creation.

A really nice image of the ice, in my opinion. So much to view in this scene, with all the lines and shapes. Now you can go back and capture flowers in the same area, how neat is that? :grinning:

Don,

Great find! Amazing what details can be found at our feet. Kudos for keeping an eye out for these little gems.

I might agree with isolating this a bit more with a square crop to emphasize the “starburst” effect.

The only nitpick I have is that my eye is drawn to the greens in the ULC. Not a deal killer, but the color of course is different and therefore pulls the eye - at least for me. Not too ironically when you view this large and closer, I actually like the blade of grass peeking through just about 11 o’clock from the center of the formation.

Like your previous, many, valid options here, all of which would be valid given the abstract nature, or this nature abstract…

Well seen and captured.

Lon