Ice Abstractions

Canon 5D Mark IV ISO-100, 105mm, 1/15 sec, F11, polarizer edited in Lightroom.

Looking for feedback ideas for improvement?

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

It looks good Larry! I like the opposite blue and gold colours.

It’s personal preference but I would add a subtle vignette to image to help focus attention towards the middle of the frame.

Larry,

A terrific nature abstract. I think I would be hard press to know this was ice without the title. Of course with abstracts, titles aren’t often needed to enjoy the image. Another reason it’s hard to tell this is ice, is that it’s on the dark side. Don’t get me wrong, I think the luminosity and contrast work beautifully here. This works great as an abstract simply because it’s a mystery as to what we’re looking at - which keeps the mind and eye engaged.

Great job even seeing this and isolating this patch of ice. Very cool…

Lon

Thanks for taking the time to review and comment on my image.

I was waiting for the low sun to completely pop out and light up the cliffs in the other direction when I started to look around in all directions for something interesting to photograph. I isolated many patterns on the ice and I thought this one was best image.