Winter abstract

What technical feedback would you like if any?

All

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

All. I have particularly struggled with the color on this image. No matter what I do it will be a departure from reality which is fine with me.

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Single shot, Fuji X-T2, ISO 200, 1/.1.3 s, f/13, 100-400mm @ 373mm.

1 Like

I love the organic look and feel of this ice abstract. The ice sort of makes me think of fingers on a hand. I also love your use of strong diagonal lines here, it makes the image more powerful.

The processing of exposure and contrast looks great, you have made much better use of the tonal range than in your prior ice abstract post. The use of color in ice/winter images is very subjective and a matter of personal taste. A lot of folks take these type of images more to blue for creative effect. I like what you have done with color here, it very effectively creates a mood of cold and winter.

This is also subjective, but in my opinion the bright streaks in the water distract from the main subject. I would consider cloning them away if your ethics permit such things.

This is very cool. Love the colors here.
i like the composition, but the Upper Right hand corner bothers me. I would try to darken it a bit.

Beautiful shapes and details in this one! Nice placement of the subject in the frame and I like the colors and the bit darker look. I agree with @Ed_McGuirk on the bright streaks in the water. I would remove them, or at least desaturate them. Also if the information is there in the raw file I would try to keep the details in the very brightest higlights.