Image 4

Image 5

Image 6

Image 7

Image 8

Image 9

Image 10

Project Description

The goal of this project is to showcase the beauty of Greenland’s Icebergs. When capturing these images I wanted viewers to be drawn to these unique sculptural forms. The landscape in Greenland is always changing and icebergs in particular are not around for long. From one day to the next they are there then they are gone. There were some beautiful shapes on display sculpted by the extreme environment of the Arctic.

Self Critique

I enjoy how this project emphasizes the unique shapes of the Greenlandic Icebergs. I try my best to minimize clutter in my imagery and I believe I have accomplished this goal. What I question is the selection of images and their overall cohesiveness. Colors aren’t exactly uniform across the entirety of the project either but maybe close enough?

Creative Direction

My Goal with this project is to show Greenland’s icebergs in isolation. This approach should allow viewers to focus on the sculptural shapes of this harsh environment. Each image should be able to stand on its own but together be stronger as a whole.

Specific Feedback

I would like feedback on the conceptual aspect of my project. I have a difficult time verbalizing my ultimate goal with these images. Additionally, any feedback on the emotional impact and overall aesthetic would be greatly appreciated.

Intent of the project

Gallery Exhibition

Additional Details: I would love this project to be featured in a magazine as well as a gallery. My professional exposure is in it’s its infancy at this point so any feedback on where you think this series would be best suited would be appreciated.