Ice Tree

General feedback. Going through old files from when Toronto was covered by ice.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

Well this is pretty cool, both literally and figuratively. I like the light and the warm/cool contrast that it creates. The processing of the ice looks right on the money to me. I also like the concept of filling the frame with the radial pattern of the tree. The ice against the blue sky creates a very dramatic look.

My suggestions for tweaks include evening out the luminosity of the blue, the URC has really dark blues due to the use a wide lens and/or polarizer. I would also crop away a bit of the bottom of the image, IMO the trunks get a little busy there, and pull your eye away from the ice. Here is a rework that reflects both of my comments.

I was going to say that the harsh light conditions have hurt this image but actually you have used the dark blacks to your advantage very nicely in this composition.