I'm Still Here

Image: I’m Still Here

Description: This image of a leaning tree trunk was captured in the Hoh Rainforest. Starting its decent to the forest floor, it still remains more upright than bent , broken and defeated.

Specific Feedback Requested: Any and all comments welcomed.

Pertinent technical details or techniques: Camera: Canon EOS 5D Mark III.

Lens: Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM @ 99.0 mm, f/22.0, for 3.2 sec. ISO 100. Processed using Photoshop.

1 Like

I love this, Robert! Great color and texture, and perfect for the challenge.

Thank you for your kind words, Julie. Bob

Nice. I live in Western Oregon and see forests like this all the time. I don’t usually care for photos of these forests, but this one caught my eye. I like the light, yellow diagonal trunk against the dark, shadowed trees in the background. I would suggest moving the watermark and making it more subtle. It’s very distracting for my aesthetic. Good capture of a challenging subject.

Thank you Chris for the kind words. I too was uncertain where to place the watermark and will work on it some more as it is a little distracting. Maybe on the lower left corner and perhaps a different color. Bob

Hey Chris, I went ahead and changed the white color watermark to a green and moved it to the lower left corner. Much better, I’m not sure if I’m allowed to repost this image with the changes or uploading it here in the replies. Thank you again for the productive comment. Bob