Still Standing

I found this dead tree that was still standing while on a trail in a local provincial park. The colors and shapes attracted my attention. I should have put this in this weeks weekly challenge (tree trunk).

Specific Feedback Requested

Any feedback welcome. I am learning to stop and photograph whatever catches my eye while out in nature. However I need make a bit more concerted effort to refine my composition. I have 3 other vertical compositions but should have taken a horizontal as well.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
400mm on full frame. The WB was used to cool the image slightly and the vibrance reduced by -13 in LR to make the image a bit more subtle. Some noise reduction and sharpening done in PS.

1 Like

Bryan, I can sure see why this old dead tree attracted your attention. So glad that it did. The different shapes, lines, texture and the different shades of brown makes this image.

If you would prefer to have it in the Weekly Challenge, I can move it over for you. Your preference, just let me know.

@Shirley_Freeman, It can stay here as I already put an image in for the weekly challenge. Thanks for asking.

1 Like

Bryan, this is a fine look at this decaying tree trunk. The details, textures and pattern all look very good. I think a vertical fits the subject well. I could see horizontal, provided you moved in even closer, to emphasize the cracking. BTW, where you post is up to you, unless it clearly doesn’t belong, then I expect the moderator(s) will say something.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback. In terms of post location, I should have been more clear. I had already submitted another image in the weekly challenge and then realized that I had taken this image on Sunday morning.

Bryan: I like the color palette, colors and textures especially. I think the portrait orientation is appropriate for this subject. I also like the edge to edge sharpness. Well done. >=))>

1 Like

Bryan, great photo. The textures came out nice and the contrast looks good. The portrait worked well on this one