Impalas

Hi all,

I took this impala shot back in 2014 with a Nikon D5200 combined with an old Nikkor 80~200 1:4.5.

Would be happy to find out what other people think of it and what they think I should do differently.

Thanks,
Steven

Hi Steve and welcome to the forums. The Impala in the foreground is nice and sharp with a natural pose and it’s good having another one slightly out of focus in the background.
I think that It would be nice to see the rest of the legs to really place the impala in the frame and maybe add a bit more contrast to the background if you can.
So where was it taken?
Ryan

Welcome to NPN! I hate to be a downer, but this one isn’t doing much for me. Looks like focus was just beyond the foreground impala. You can tell because the sharpest part of the photo is the rock behind that guy. The main impala is also looking away from the viewer, and its legs are cut off. I do like the background impala and the surrounding environment.

Hi Ryan,

Thank you for your welcome and feedback. I will play around a bit with the contrast. Unfortunately cannot add the rest of the legs at this point :slight_smile:. Picture was taken at the Mara Naboisho Conservancy in Kenya.

Hi Lyle,

Thank you for the welcome and feedback. It‘s perfectly fine that it‘s not doing much for you. I appreciate you explaining why. Will take that into account for future shots.

Hi Steven!

Welcome to NPN!
You already have some valuable feed back, looking forward to more images from your portfolio !