In a Row (revisited)

This is one of many stands of, I think Yellow Birch, near where I live. I love it when the sun shines on them. I think they look pretty without leaves. I wish I could get closer but this is a farmer’s field.

Specific Feedback Requested

Anything.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Nikon D3400
ISO 100
82mm
f/4.8
1/1000
Cropped, adjusted shadows and highlights to bring out clouds and trees more.

naturenessie

I am quite liking the image, although the OOF foreground is throwing me off. Really nice layers in both content and color, providing excellent depth to the image. Very well conceived.

1 Like

@Harley_Goldman Thanks Harley for your input on that! I originally tried cropping and it looked unbalanced, I’ll have to ride my bike over there again and give it another try before the leaves start coming! I need a smaller aperture /slower shutter, and not trying to shoot birds at the same time! :slight_smile:

I like the relatively minimalist composition, and the layers involved. The processing of exposure and contrast looks good too. I agree with @Harley_Goldman about the OOF foreground being a distraction. It would be a stronger image with front to back sharpness. I see you used f4.8 ( ?), and for a scene like this, you need to be at f11 or f16 to get enough depth of field.

1 Like

I am with Ed, the layers attract me into this scene. Maybe cropping the bottom 1/2 of the grass would help the DOF issue which I agree with. Really like this comp though.

1 Like

Yeah, that’s exactly what I said to Harley! That I need a smaller aperture and slower shutter! I’m glad you like the overall composition though. I’m going to try to get over there again soon and do a retake! Thanks for your feedback!

Yeah, I need to do a retake! Like I said to Harley I tried the crop but it looked strange and unbalanced. I’m glad you like it! I have to get over there soon! Thanks for looking and your feedback!